Well, if you are searching for an answer for your query “how to unlock a Dell Inspiron laptop without the password,” then you have come to the right place. We know it is a frustrating thing when you forget the password of your laptop when you are in dire need.
Well, the most convenient way of accessing the laptop is by factory resetting the laptop or taking it to the service center. However, you will end up losing your data in both scenarios. So we have also come up with some methods that will guide you to how to unlock a Dell Inspiron laptop without much hassle.
3 Methods To Unlock Dell Inspiron Laptop Without The Password
Whether you have forgotten your password or entered the wrong password, all the methods will help you to access your locked Dell laptop without wiping your data. You need to consider the process based on your requirement and situation because some processes require the complete removal of data.
Unlocking Dell Inspiron Laptop Using Microsoft Account
When you have forgotten the password to a Dell laptop, but you have used a Microsoft account for sign-in, then the unlocking process won’t give you any headache. However, this process works when you have a laptop having Windows 10.
So if you have Microsoft log-in for your Dell laptop, but somehow you can’t remember the password, then you just have to click on “forgot password” when Windows boots up. However, your laptop needs to be connected to the internet or your Wi-Fi; otherwise, your Microsoft log-in process won’t appear while the laptop boots.
When you click the “forgot password” button, you will be redirected to an account recovery page, and you will be asked for verification by approval or OTP. Then, you will be prompted for a new password, and you will be ready to unlock your Dell Inspiron laptop.
In case if your laptop is not connected to the internet, then opt for the following process;
- Open your other laptop or smartphone and log in to your Microsoft account.
- Hit on “forgot password,” and you will head to the account recovery page.
- On the account recovery page, you will have to type your Microsoft ID and click on “Next.”
- In this step, they will send you an OTP or confirmation code in your email for identification. Now go to your email and copy or remember the code to type it on the verification field.
- In the lower part of the page, you will have to click on the verify button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the “Reset your password” page, where you will have to enter a new password, and you will be able to use it to log in to your account.
Unlocking Dell Inspiron Laptop Using Optional Admin Account
In general, many of us make an extra administrator account in our Dell Inspiron laptop in case something happens to our main account. So if you have made a second admin account, then you can easily opt for Dell security manager password reset. However, you need to remember the password of your second account because you will need to enter it during log-in.
Let’s start with the process;
- Boot your Dell Inspiron and log in to your secondary admin account with the Microsoft log-in credential.
- Once your laptop boots, head towards the “computer management” by right-clicking on the “My Computer” icon and then select “Manage.” After clicking the option, you will get the “Computer Management” window.
- In the new window, you need to find “System Tools” from the left bar and then select “Local Users and Group,” which will lead you to the “User” option.
- After clicking the “User” tab, you will find all the user accounts located in your Dell Inspiron laptop. Please select your main admin account and right-click on it.
- Then you need to select the “Set Password.” You will be prompted to a new pop-up window where you will have to enter the new password.
- Lastly, restart your laptop and then select your main account for log-in. Once you enter the new password, you will be greeted again by your Dell Inspiron laptop.
Note: You can reset the password on an HP laptop using the same method.
Unlocking Dell Inspiron Laptop Using Windows Password Reset Disk
Using the Windows Password Reset method might seem like a tricky process, but it can help you get into your account, primarily if you haven’t used a Microsoft log-in. If you have already created a Window Password Reset disk in your USB or CD/DVD drive, then you can access your account without needing Dell hard drive password removal tool.
Go through the following steps for setting a new password;
- Start your locked laptop and press any random pass. The log-in page will show it is an incorrect password, and then you will have to select the “Reset Password” option.
- Once you have selected the aforementioned option, it is time to enter the USB or CD/DVD and a new screen mentioning password reset wizard will appear. In that screen, you need to select the particular disk and then click “Next.”
- In this final step, you will find a new window where you can enter a new password or leave the password section blank. Press “Finish” and Bang!. Now you have unlocked your Dell laptop and can access all your data.
However, if you don’t have a password reset disk, then you can easily create another one from your other laptop or PC. Just download any reputed Windows Password Recovery tool and use a USB or CD/DVD to create a reset disk.
Now you have created a Windows Password Reset Disk, here are some following steps you have to follow;
- First, turn on your locked laptop and enter the Boot Menu by repeatedly pressing the “F12” key.
- Now, you will get a new pop-up where you will have to select the USB or CD/DVD, and your system will start booting from it.
- A new password reset window will appear. Just select the Windows system and then the account whose password needs to be reset.
- Then another page will appear, and type the new password you want to keep. You can also keep the password area blank. Then click on confirm.
- Finally, select the “Reboot” button and your system will automatically restart. While the system reboot, take out the USB or CD/DVD. Now, your system will be configured with the recent changes, and you can get back to your main account.