When it comes to premium security features in a laptop, Asus is the name that comes to everyone’s mind. They are not only known for their advanced security system but also take privacy as one of their highest priority.
Due to their high security, when you forget the log-in password, it almost becomes a daunting task to regain entry into the laptop. However, resetting the laptop can help you overcome this hurdle. In this detailed guide, we will discuss how to reset the Asus laptop to factory settings without a password and make things simpler for you.
Note: Do you have an Acer laptop? We have a similar guide for resetting Acer laptops.
So let’s start with the methods that will guide you to solve the query of “how to unlock the Asus laptop forgot password.”
Resetting Asus Laptop To Factory Settings using Reset this PC
Forgot the password of your Asus laptop? Were you stuck on the log-in screen? Well, you can easily reset your device without requiring logging credentials. Check out our step by step guide;
- The first thing you need to do is click on the “Power” button when you get stuck on the log-in screen.
- Now, hold the shift key on the keyboard and click on the “Restart” button.
- Once you click on the “Restart” button, a new window will open, namely “Choose an option.” In that window, you have to choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- The “Troubleshoot” option will redirect you to a new page where you will have the option of “Reset this PC.” Select the option and wait for a few seconds.
- Another page, “Reset this PC,” will appear where you will have to choose between “Keep my files” and “remove everything.” Just click on the latter option, as it will help you completely reset the system.
- On the next page, choose the “Fully clean the drive” because you shouldn’t take any chances as the OS might retain security files. You should completely clean the drive so that the registry doesn’t keep any log-in files.
- In the final step, you just have to press “Reset,” which will take the system back to factory settings. The process will take some time, and then reboot the Asus laptop, which will help you to gain access to your Asus laptop.
Resetting Asus Laptop To Factory Settings using Windows Recovery
Somehow you have forgotten the password of your laptop, but still, if you have access to your Asus laptop, then you have to worry about your next log-in. You can easily reset your laptop having Windows 10 or 8 to factory settings by following the below-mentioned steps;
- Click on the “Start” and then go to the “Settings” option located mainly on the left.
- When the “Settings” page appears, head towards the “Recovery” option located below and click on it.
- Once you have clicked “Recovery,” you will find “Get Started” under the Reset this PC section. Click the option and wait for a split second till the blue screen appears.
- You will get a “Choose an option” page, and there you need to click on the “Restore factory settings.” You can also opt for “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” but it entirely depends upon preference regarding the data you have on your laptop.
- On the next page, click on the “Restore” button, which will completely reset the Asus laptop, including your log-in password. The process is not very time-consuming, and you can quickly get back to your laptop without needing any pass during startup.
Resetting Asus Laptop To Factory Settings Using Password Recovery Tool
Another convenient way that can help you to reset an Asus laptop to factory settings is by utilizing password recovery tools. There are numerous tools available in the market, but the most popular choice is Windows Password Recovery. This process is suitable for all types of systems, which includes Windows 7 factory reset Asus.
- To begin the process, you have to download this tool and install it on another laptop.
- Insert an empty USB drive and then run the tool.
- In the main interface, choose the USB device where you will upload the recovery tool.
- In the next step, you just have to click “Begin Burning,” and it will successfully create the password reset disk.
- Now, unplug the USB drive and insert it into your locked Asus laptop. Reboot the laptop and wait for the system to restart.
- Once the system restarts, click the BIOS key and choose the USB drive in the Boot-Up priority option. Choose the “Save and Exit” option, and it will automatically restart the laptop.
- After the restart, the laptop will boot from the drive, and the “Windows Password Recovery” tool will appear. There you need to choose your Windows and then your locked user account.
- In the final step, select the “Reset Password” option, and it will erase the log-in pass on your laptop. After resetting the key, click on the “Reboot” button, and after the system restart, you can gain access to your Asus laptop.
Resetting Asus Laptop To Factory Settings Using Recovery Partition
Want to know how you can do a Windows 7 factory reset Asus laptop? The convenient way to achieve it is by using the recovery partition method. Most of the laptops come preloaded with a recovery process so you won’t have any struggle to start the following procedure;
- The first thing you have to do is start your locked Asus laptop and then repeatedly press the “F12” button. After a few seconds, the brand’s logo will appear, and then the “Please select boot device” will come.
- Select the USB drive and then enter “Windows Boot Manager,” where you have to select the language. Then lastly, select the “Enter Setup” option.
- You will be redirected to Asus laptops recovery wizard, and there you should select the “Recover OS to the default partition” check box. Then click the “Next” button.
- In this step, you need to select the partition where the OS will be recovered and then click on the “Next” button.
- Lastly, when the “Recover OS to Partition” window appears, you have to select “Recover” to begin the process. This method will help you enter the OS without requiring any password.