6+ Best Gaming Laptops Under 400$ – Ultimate Review Guide 2021
In this current decade, the gaming world has become so competitive. Every gaming enthusiast is looking for an efficient-working laptop to quench the thirst for gaming while not cutting deep into their budgeted pockets.
If this describes you, do not worry, we’ve got you covered!
To help you out, we have compiled the 6 best gaming laptops under 400$ from reputable manufacturers.
These laptops will give you an easy time shortlisting the one that best meets your desired needs and preferences. This article also includes a buyer’s guide that has the factors to consider when out for purchase. Take a look! 👇
Quick Review – 6 Best gaming laptops under 400$
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop with Backlit Keyboard
ASUS VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Fingerprint Laptop
HP 15-bs234wm Intel Pentium N5000 Windows 10 Laptop
Lenovo IdeaPad S150 Windows 10 Home Gaming Laptop
Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Black Texture Gaming Laptop Computer
Lenovo 2-in-1 Convertible Chromebook Touchscreen Laptop
TOP 6 Best Gaming Laptops Under 400
1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop – Best Overall
Whether you are a newbie, an amateur, or a pro gamer, Acer Aspire is the way to go if you are looking for one of the best gaming laptops under 400$ This one combines efficiency and productivity; you will not regret any coin spent to purchase it. Acer Aspire 5 does not sacrifice anything for the price.
It boasts goodhardware specifications including a backlit keyboard designed with a Numpad to enhance ease in data inputs. It also comes with a 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display that has Vega 3 Graphics similar to what one can find in these best gaming laptop under 2000.
This produces a very sharp and high contrast. No compromises are made on the build quality; it is made from high-quality plastic that is heat-resistant. This, in turn, helps to control the temperature of the gadget.
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 3 processor and has a 128GB SSD and a 4GB RAM capacity, Acer aspire will cover all your gaming demands. The Windows 10 performance of the laptop smoothens its overall performance just like these laptops for autocad.
Worth noting is the standard slots and ports at the sides of the acer aspire laptop. It also has an attractive aesthetic appeal thanks to its external silver coating and its sleek design.
If you are a long-hour gamer, you do not have to worry about the battery life of this product; it has a powerful battery life of up to 7.5 hours when fully charged.
We won’t forget to mention the voice technology of the laptop as it includes two built-in microphones. Acer Aspire 5 understands that every gamer will need WiFi connectivity to facilitate easy gaming play.
With this, it is equipped with WiFi featuring 2×2 MIMO technology and Dual-Band of 2.4GHz and 5GHz. This quality makes it easy and quick to navigate between the web pages once the laptop has WiFi connectivity just like these best business laptops under 800.
Additionally, the computer is lightweight hence easily portable making it a great choice for the best gaming laptops under 400.
|Processor||AMD Ryzen 3 3200U|
|Storage||128GB SSD storage|
|Graphics||Vega 3 Graphic|
|Display||15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display|
|Operating System||Windows 10 S Mode|
- Suitable for both outdoor and indoor usage
- Handles several rich gaming titles without a hassle
- Great overall performance
- Lacks a touchscreen option
2. ASUS VivoBook 15 – Runner Up
Asus VivoBook 15 laptop was launched recently. It is the best choice for any gaming fanatic who is looking for a good laptop under 400.
The product has a slate-gray color finishing which gives it an elegant look. It is lightweight and therefore, easily portable. This sports pc has a 15.6-inch full HD display.
The display is not very bright but it is very decent and offers a lovely platform for gaming. The bezels of the screen are small and this adds a modern look just like the best gaming laptops under 500.
The backlit keyboard of Asus is designed ergonomically to offer a comfortable typing experience. The touchpad is huge enough to provide good precision.
The notebook also comes equipped with the essential slots and ports and has a Wi-Fi 5 to allow wireless internet connectivity. The 10th Gen Intel Core i3 processor of the Asus VivoBook 15 laptop is neatly placed beneath the durable exterior body of the device.
To offer decent performance, the processor comes with 8GB of RAM. The storage capacity is 128GB of SSD. Asus VivoBook has Intel UHD graphics integrated that offers sufficient graphics backup which is better than these 300 dollar gaming laptops
This, in turn, allows you to run software like Adobe Photoshop. Since this ASUS product features the latest specifications and features, it has a competitive advantage with laptops under $400 or these best laptops for online classes.
Therefore, if you are looking for an excellent option at this price range, go for this pc and enjoy the14-inch full HD display.
|Processor||Intel core i3 Processor -1005G1 CPU|
|Storage||128GB SSD storage|
|Display||15.6” FHD Display,|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
- It is available in multiple color schemes
- Comes with a great performance
- Has a backlit keyboard
- It has a dim IPS panel
3. HP 15-bs234wm – Good Performance
This is a stylish laptop that offers nothing but quality and reliable performance. It has a long-lasting battery life thus allowing you to stream, surf, and stay updated on what matters most in the gaming industry.
Its operating system is Windows 10 and a 15.6-inch full HD Display that has Intel UHD Graphics 605. Even though the screen is not a touch screen, it is of high quality and presents everything in full HD.
It comes loaded with a 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM memory to store all your gaming data and additional internal storage of 500 GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive. With this, it is capable of running large software.
This gadget like these best laptops for under 200 here has up to 7 hours of battery life and therefore, allows mixed usage. Additionally, the laptop gives a video playback of up to 6 hours of battery and 30 minutes and wireless streaming of up to 5 hours and 45 minutes of battery life.
The webcam is a front-facing HP Webcam and has an integrated digital microphone. The product weighs 4.52 lb and thus, easily portable. It features a full-size island-style keyboard that has a numeric keypad.
If you are good at using such a keypad, navigation will be an easy task. It operates perfectly and looks amazing. You will love its processor since it works excellently like a good computer for hacking.
Generally, the laptop is suitable for all light gaming options like sims 4, Roblox, and Minecraft. Unlike other cheap gaming laptops, this one has a dedicated graphics card. On a related note, if you are into Roblox then check out this site for a list of Roblox Song IDs.
You can confidently go for this super-high performing gaming pc. This is definitely what you should go for if you are on a low budget but looking for a powerful pc.
Finally, you will enjoy the color, design, and style of the laptop.
|Processor||Intel Pentium N5000 Quad Core|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
- The full-size 15.6-inch sized display gives a large viewing area
- It has more than enough space for an average user
- When compared to models of its class, this one has a lower performance.
Recommend: HP Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
4. Lenovo IdeaPad S150 – Best Build
You can now complete all your daily gaming staff with this Lenovo IdeaPad S150 laptop. This one has an AMD A6-9220E processor.
This processor makes it a very powerful PC in this segment. It also comes with an On-Board RAM which offers power to run several gaming apps seamlessly. This allows multitasking just like the best laptop for 3d design.
The 14-inch HD display has an AMD Radeon R4 graphics that delivers elegant visuals. The display has narrow bezels. Unlike most cheap gaming PCs, this one has a lithium-polymer battery which allows up to 8 hours of battery life, just on a single charge.
Lenovo IdeaPad S150 is best known for its excellent performing hardware that is packed in a light chassis. This hardware will allow you to play the most common gaming titles.
The device has a lovely color and design and is also bright. The outer covering is also durable enough to resist any form of wear and tear. Its integrated graphics handle all types of gaming and a wide variety of works.
With all the standard slots and ports and a decent battery life, Lenovo IdeaPad S150 stands to be the best for those looking for a laptop to work and play.
It also has WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, a webcam, and a card reader. It is the best budget friendly gaming laptop under 400 that will not break your bank account just like these Best Laptops for Pentesting
|Processor||AMD A6-9220e Upto 2.4GHz|
|Display||14″ HD Display|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
- It runs quietly and hardly heats up
- Has a high storage capacity
- Excellent build
- Good Battery Life
- Has a low cost of maintenance
- It lacks a USB C port
Recommend: Lenovo Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
5. Lenovo IdeaPad S145 – Best Portable
The Lenovo IdeaPad S145 is powered by the 7th Generation AMD A6-9225 Processor. This enables it to have a responsive and powerful performance.
Whether you are full-time or part-time gaming, this PC will be very suitable for you. It has 15. 6-inch Full HD Anti-Glare display that has AMD Radeon R4 graphics.
The device is versatile and allows basic multitasking, thanks to the 4GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM memory for basic multitasking.
To store all your gaming data and information, the gaming laptop under 400 is equipped with 500GB HDD storage. The operating system of this Lenovo device is Windows 10 Home.
You will love the black texture and design that comes along with this PC. You will enjoy the multi-touch buttonless keypad of this laptop. This computer is a great one thanks to its unlimited features.
It comes with all the necessary software that is needed for gaming. You will love the slim design and a nice feel. It is very comfortable for use because of its friendly applications and settings. In a single-charge, it lasts for more than 8 hours of battery life making it one of the best gaming laptops under 400.
|Processor||AMD Core A6-9225 up to 3.0GHz|
|RAM||4GB DDR4 RAM|
|Storage||500GB HDD storage|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
- Has a quiet fan noise
- It has a thin and light body thus easily portable
- The display is somewhat dark
- It has a low contrast ratio and poor viewing angles
You may also like – Lenovo Y50 Gaming Laptop Now Available with Depth Detail
6. Lenovo 2-in-1 Convertible Chromebook Best Convertible
This one has a sleek, lightweight, and slim design. It also has an 11. 6″ Multi-touch IPS 300nits Anti-glare HD display with an integrated graphics power of VR GX6250.
The screen is crystal clear and offers a super simple platform to carry out all your gaming needs. It is also an excellent option for gaming. This 2021 version is flawless.
It is a modern and easy-to-use chrome book gaming laptops under 400. Whether you are tech-savvy or not, this Chrome book will work well for all your games needs.
This device is plastic all over and has an off-white. It also has chunky and black (glossy) bezels which are very comforting.
|Processor||Quad-Core MediaTek MT8173C|
|Storage||1TB PCIe SSD storage|
|Screen Display||11.6″ Convertible Chromebook Touch screen Laptop|
|Operating System||Chrome Os|
- Easy to use and very reliable
- It has a compact size which makes it lightweight and portable
- It has a sleek and modern look
- It has a dim screen display
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Laptop for Gaming?
From all the above laptops, you will realize that the best laptop under 400$ price range is subjective. The answer to this depends on an individual’s needs and preferences.
All of the mentioned PCs come with plenty of endurance. The features have been designed to satisfy all types of needs.
None has the mediocre performance. They offer quick performance and good game play and all are budget laptops. Choose basing on:
- Laptops for college students under 500 – Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Best laptop for performance – Lenovo IdeaPad S145
- Best gaming laptop under 400$ for everyday use – ASUS VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop in your price range
- Gaming laptop under 300 or best refurbished laptop under 200 – Lenovo IdeaPad S150
Are gaming laptops worth it in 2021?
We won’t deny that gaming PCs have undergone a great technological advancement since they were first launched.
2021 has witnessed this and the answer to the question “Is gaming laptop worth it 2021?” is a “yes”. They are worth it in the following manner:
- Price – 2021 has witnessed gaming PCs that offer excellent performance but are sold at a cheap and affordable price; this was unlike the previous years. The laptop this year have a reduced price and can thus be accessed even by an ordinary user. Truth be told, it is possible to get a gaming laptop on a low budget that can outperform a very expensive laptop; only in 2021.
- Portability – this year’s market has seen one of the best lightweight laptop that perform well. The laptop under 400 dollars are high end and have a 15.6 – 17-inch screen size. They will fit your backpack easily so you can play in lesuire.
- Are they powerful? – yes, they are. In the old days, a laptop could not hold themselves against their equivalent desktop counterparts. Things have changed in 2021. You can now find laptops with great graphics cards and variants that make them to have a very powerful performance.
- Aesthetics – Over recent decades, people have always viewed laptops as large and ugly PCs. While this may seem true, 2021 demystifies that thought. The latest PCs are designed with the gamer in mind. They can be carried to the office and still these PCs resemble ordinary professional laptops.
- Build Quality – When it comes to build , the 2021 has improved its laptop build. 2021 understands that the build quality is what matters most in PCs. To satisfy fanatics, this year’s laptops have been designed with excellent build to ensure you have wonderful experience.
With all the above qualities, it is evident that 2021’s gaming laptops are worth it.
Are gaming laptops good?
Contrary to the popular opinion that very many people have, gaming laptops are very good.
This is because they come with numerous advantages that normal laptopscannot offer. For starters, they are easy to use compared to the ordinary laptops.
Also, PCs have high-tech features that can be used by both gamers and non-gamers. Just like an ordinary laptop, gaming laptops can be used for everyday use.
They allow the use of Microsoft Office and have lots of applications to carry out simple tasks like internet surfing, web browsing, and many more.
They are good because their hardware parts are sturdy and designed for any ordinary user. These laptops have similar operating systems like that of normal machines.
The only difference that the gaming laptops have is their settings are adjusted to make them suitable for playing games. This means that high-end laptop are worth your attention.
In the long run, they guarantee a memorable experience which goes beyond your imagination. You can purchase one and get to enjoy the advantages that come along.
What laptops do pro Gamers use?
Pro gamers prefer using gaming laptops for an excellent experience. These refer to the laptops that have added features.
Outlandish gaming PCs are designed in a slim and cutting-edge manner to give them a classic and chic look. Some come with LED lighting systems and thus look very high-tech.
They have sturdy qualities since they are made from durable materials. Other than their good looks, the pro laptops are built to withstand wear and tear.
They have wonderful specs and thus capable of carrying out any advanced functions. Pro gamers go for PCs with large memory storage and powerful CPUs.
Finally, their laptops have an outstanding speaker and audio quality with some having subwoofers at their chassis.
Are gaming laptops good for everyday use?
Other than being used for playing games, buyers often wonder if these PCs can also be good for everyday tasks like official duty or school work assignments.
These gaming PCs are just ordinary laptops under 400$ price range. The only difference is that they have additional features. For instance, their RAMs and processors have been upgraded to allow seamless working.
Very many enthusiasts will tell you that they use their PCs to carry out other tasks other than playing games. In fact, they are better than normal laptops because they have bonus features that make them very versatile.
They are portable and very powerful to accommodate any task. This, therefore, means that both gamers and non-gamers can purchase these models and enjoy what they offer for everyday use.
They are useful in drafting documents, surfing the internet, and listening to music. You can also use these monitors with your laptop for music production if you like more screen space.
Buyer’s Guide For the Best Gaming Laptop Under 400 Dollars
When out for purchase, you will realize that laptops under 400 come with a wide variety of features, sizes, prices, and features. This makes choosing the best laptop a daunting task.
In this buying guide, we have outlined the factors that you should consider when looking for the best laptop under 400$. Here’s an overview!
What Platform do you Prefer?
If you are not very familiar with Macs and PCs, this is not an easy-to-answer question. Generally, laptops under 400 can have any of these three operating systems; Chrome OS, Windows, or MacOS.
Choosing the correct platform is a personal preference and it will depend on your preferred needs. Windows is the most flexible OS and runs on very many laptop models than does Mac OS X or Chrome OS.
Windows notebooks are priced from as low as $150 price range. It offers multiple features from fingerprints, touch screens, and even dual graphics chips.
The latest Windows is Windows 10 but you can get more like Windows 8 and even 7. This Operating System allows you to switch between desktop modes to tablet modes.
Do You Want a 2-in-1?
Many PCs fall into this category. These 2-in-1 laptops under 400 are hybrid devices which can switch in various positions from traditional clamshell mode to tablet mode, and anything in between.
The top 2-in-1s mostly come in two styles. The main styles, however, are detachable. These ones have screens that come off from the keyboard. These ones are very flexible as they are designed with bending hinges that can go back to 360 degrees if the modes are changed. These ones offer a superior tablet experience.
Choose the Right Size
Before you even look at the laptop’s specifications or pricing, it is good to know the size that you want. Figure out how portable you desire your laptop to be. While on the market, whether online or a physical store, you will realize that they are categorized into the following display sizes.
- 11-12 inches – the thinnest laptop systems have a screen of around 11-12 inches and weigh around 2.5-3.5 pounds.
- 13-14 inches – This size offers the best balance of usability and portability. These ones weigh less than 4 pounds.
- 15-16 inches – These are the most common sizes and they often weigh 4-5.5 pounds. If you are looking for a larger laptop screen, you can choose this one. PCs with 16 inches are rare to find but you can get a16-inch MacBook Pro.
- 17-18 inches – if you are looking for a laptop that will stay on your desk on a daily basis, you can go for one that has this size. This size is excellent for high-end games play.
Keyboard and Touchpad
When looking for a good laptop, it is beneficial to know how the keyboard and touchpad looks. A good keyboard should have a solid-tactile feedback, sufficient space in between the keys, and a good key travel.
If you want a Windows laptop, ensure it has accurate Precision touchpad drivers. The touchpad should not give an uncomfortable cursor and should also respond effectively to all the multitouch gestures.
Look at the Specifications
The main specifications that you should never take for granted include:
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) – There are very many CPUs. These include the intel 10th Gen CPUs, the Intel Core i9, Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5, Intel Core i3, Intel Xeon, Intel Pentium, Intel Core m / Core i5 / i7 “Y Series, and the AMD A, FX or E Series.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) – A laptops priced at $400 price range come with a RAM of 4GB. However, you can look for one that is at least 8GB which will have the capacity to hold all your game apps. Even on this budget, you may get those with 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB.
- Storage Drive/Hard Drive – the speed of your PC’s CPU should allow excellent performance. Look for a laptop that has an SSD for games; this is better than one that has a hard drive while playing games.
- Display – laptop that has more pixels allow more content to fit the on-screen and also offer a sharper look. Therefore, consider purchasing a PC that has a full HD display. The display quality of your PC will determine the top resolution that you will get. Always keep an eye on the latest display technology for games.
- Touch Screen – If you prefer a clamshell laptop for games and not the 2-in-1 laptop, you may not benefit much on the touch screen and you are likely to get some 1-2 hours less battery life. Typically, the 2-in-1s have standard touch screens.
- Graphics Chip – since your main objective is to play PC games, you will need a top device that has an excellent graphics processor.
- Ports – the absence of a port in a PC may not be a deal-breaker when you are out to purchase a laptop. However, these ports are very helpful as they will help you to get the right connections that you need.
- Type C – Getting a laptop that has Type-C is a plus for playing games. This is because such laptop can be used to connect to universal docks and chargers. Other useful connections that you should check in a laptop are the headphone jacks, SD card slots, and Ethernet ports.
- Connectivity – nowadays, a games laptop comes with the latest connectivity options. Be sure to also consider the available options. You can go for one that has Wi-Fi 6 support as this Wi-Fi has higher theoretical throughput. It also has a very stable connection. Do not forget other connectivity options like Bluetooth, mics, and headphones.
Should you purchase a gaming laptop in 2021? Well, if you want a short answer to this question, the article has all it takes to encourage you to go ahead and purchase one.
This is the best time to make a purchase since the laptop in the market have greatly matured. This makes them an excellent option for all gaming tasks and playing games.
With all these in mind, you have all it takes to get yourself the top and best gaming laptop under $400 price range. Just ensure that every time you are out to purchase a gaming PC, you do it with great vigilance.
After you have decided on what games you want, nothing should prevent you from buying the best possible laptop for your gaming. Be assured that you will not feel disappointed with the variety of options that are present in the market.
Purchase a gaming laptop today and be among the millions out there giving a positive response. All the best! 👍
Top 7+ Best Laptop for QuickBooks To Buy in 2021
Top 10+ Best Laptop for Computer Science Students
TOP 5+ Best Laptop for Stock Traders & Day Trading in 2021
Dean Colin is an avid reader and an internet enthusiast who is the man behind TheBestLaptops.net where he reviews cutting edge technology.