Acer Aspire R7 Notebook Specifications, Features and Price
Acer unveiled the new Aspire R7 Notebook early this month. The Acer Aspire R7 Notebook is a 15.6-inch notebook with both touch and type capabilities.
It features a full HD 1920×1080 touch screen display, and a revolutionary “Ezel Hinge” that moves the display forward and into different positions. Check out the specifications, features, and price below.
UPDATE: Acer Aspire R7 Notebook Review video available below.
Acer Aspire R7 Notebook Specifications
|Operating System||Windows 8 Pro|
|Processor||Intel Core i5|
|Memory||6GB of RAM|
|Display||15-inch at 1920×1080 pixel resolution|
|Storage||Up to 1TB hard drive or 256GB SSD|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0|
|Ports||SD card reader, HDMI, USB 3.0 (3)|
|Dimensions||14.83 x 10.02 x 0.81/1.12 inches|
|Multi-function modes||Tablet, Laptop, Desktop|
Recommend More Notebooks
- HP Chromebook 11 vs HP-Chromebook-11-v001na Which Chromebook Is Better?
- Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite in US Announced (UPDATED)
- Acer C720-2848 Chromebook 11.6-Inch 2GB DDR3
Acer Aspire R7 Features
The Acer Aspire R7 lets consumers transform their notebook into the shape that best delivers an immersive content experience based on their usage needs.
With four modes of operation, the R7 can easily be used as a traditional notebook, a tabletop pad, a display, or switched into “Ezel” mode, allowing the screen to float over the keyboard at various angles.
This allows users to work where they want and how they want — seated or standing, at a desk or with it on their lap.
The Ezel Hinge makes it easy to switch the display around, to touch or type while creating, browsing, or sharing content. Dual hinge technology allows for single-hand switching between modes and keeps the display rock-steady when touched.
- Ezel Mode – Reach out and pull the display closer, eliminating the need to reach across the palm rest and keyboard to use the touch screen. Just pull it up and out where it can be positioned in front of the keyboard, or float over it. By pulling the display close, switching between touchscreen, keyboard, and touchpad is seamless.
- Notebook mode – Slide the display back behind the keyboard, and you have a powerful, full-featured Windows 8 notebook computer with a 15.6-inch Full HD 1920 x 1080 touchscreen display, an Intel Core i5 processor, 6 GB of memory, a 500 GB hard drive, a 24 GB SSD and a full-size backlit keyboard. It also includes a volume control button, HDMI port, SD card reader, audio jacks, three USB ports, WiFi, Bluetooth, and a convenient converter port supporting VGA, RJ45, and USB.
- Display Mode – Flip the screen over and it’s positioned perfectly for watching a movie, showing photos, or giving a presentation. Sharing and collaborating is simple, enjoyable, and straightforward. With Acer’s proven dual-torque design, the screen flips easily yet remains rigid when touched.
- Pad Mode – Simply pull down the touchscreen and lay it on top of the keyboard with the face-up, and the Aspire R7 morphs into a pad, without giving up the robust performance of a notebook. The ergonomic 4-degree tilting angle makes it perfect for browsing, writing, or drawing. It’s ideal for pure touch interactions like casual gaming, browsing, drawing, annotating, and more.
Offering a superior audiovisual experience, the R7’s powerful features and high-definition display are complemented by a premium sound system with Dolby Home Theater v4 and four 8 watt speakers.
Because of its transformative design, the audio channels automatically reverse when switching modes, so the sound is always perfect.
In addition, Acer also relocated the placement of the dual microphones from the traditional notebook layout. Instead of positioning them on the LCD bezel near the webcam, they are placed along the front of the notebook, just under the spacebar.
This provides for the best voice sound quality and enhances the aesthetics of the touchscreen by eliminating the need for holes in the bezel.
In a manner befitting its revolutionary design, the Aspire R7 includes a unibody aluminum chassis, a beautiful brushed metal hinge, and an arched cover with very subtle curves and lines. The bottom features a soft-touch finish for a secure grip, making it easy to grasp and carry.
Even the keyboard placement was reconsidered in the new design. Repositioning it closer to the body in front of the chassis makes typing more comfortable and as efficient and as fluid as possible.
The keys fall naturally under the fingers, eliminating the need to hold the arms out and over the palm rest and touchpad in order to type.
The travel of the keys was also considered in the design, ensuring it is deep enough to provide a perceptible tactile response when typing, so that using the keyboard is just as enjoyable as touching the screen.
Red Dot Design Award
The Acer Aspire R7 has already been awarded the Red Dot, one of the world’s most sought-after quality marks for excellence in product design.
The award is presented annually in the international competition by a jury of 37 design experts for the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen of Germany.
Design guru Jimmy Choo joined as a member of the jury for the first time in this year’s competition, which received 4,662 entries in 19 categories. The Aspire R7 was selected in the “computers and information technology” category.
Price and Availablity
The Acer Aspire R7, model R7-571-6858. It’s now available, and you can get lesser than SRP price on click below.
The Acer Aspire R7-571-6858 comes with 500GB of HDD and 24GB of SSD. It has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 by a customer who bought this product.
Acer Aspire R7 Review
Below is the Acer Aspire R7 review below courtesy of MobileTechReview. Lisa has done a very good job demonstrating and reviewing the Acer Aspire R7. So is this for you?
Watch the video below and find out.